The Power of Vinegar
We all know that distilled white vinegar is our coffee pot’s best friend, but did you know that it also has many household cleaning uses? It has high acidity levels so it is great for killing mold, bacteria, and germs. It is also cheaper and safer than harsh chemicals! Here are just a few things you can do with distilled white vinegar:
- Soak a washcloth in it for a great counter top cleaner that kills bacteria and germs.
- Clean the inside of your dishwasher with it by pouring 1 cup in and running a cycle with the dishwasher empty. Do this regularly to keep the dishwasher in tip top condition.
- Soak a slice of bread in it and leave it in your lunchbox overnight to get rid of odors.
- Spray it undiluted around your doors and windows to repel ants.
- Mix one cup with a cup of baking soda and pour it into your drain. Leave it for ten minutes and then rinse to eliminate drain odors.
- Use a 1:1 mixture to clean your fridge to eliminate odors, germs, bacteria, and mold.
- Soak a washcloth in it to remove leftover adhesive from a sticker or label.
- Spray it undiluted on your old looking grout. Let it sit for a few minutes and then scrub it with a toothbrush to clean it up.
If you liked this, please share it and leave a comment below!
Content manager for Sayyah's Cleaning, I manage all of the content here on this website as well as all of our social media accounts.