4 Simple Tips For Handling Carpet Spills
This might be sad for you to hear, but carpets are the one floor type we don’t have a service for, although we do know people that do. Try not to worry, I’d never leave you hanging. That is why I went out and compiled this simple list of things you can do in the event of a spill on your carpet:
- Try to get as much of the spill soaked up as you can. Time is a factor here. Use paper towels and BLOT the area to absorb as much liquid as possible.
- Why BLOT? This part is very important. BLOT the stain. No rubbing. If you rub, you will very likely spread the stain. No one wants that.
- Here is the fun part. There are a number of different cleaning agents and solutions you can use to try to eliminate the stain. You get to pick your favorite. However, do yourself a favor and follow the directions on whatever you do choose.
- Test, test test — ALWAYS test it on a small, out of the way area first. No sense in ruining your carpet in the name of saving a couple of minutes.
- Rinse with cool water and blot some more. Be sure there is no residue of the cleaner you used.
- Blot dry or air dry.
That’s it! Easy, right?